Creating a theme for 2017
As we enter a new year there is pressure for resolutions, changes, improvements or somehow stating to the world that you are dissatisfied with your current state. I’ve never been disciplined enough to keep a resolution top of mind for 365 days straight…who does, really?!
So, instead, this year I’m gonna roll with a theme because it’s more of an intention. And intentions are not so restrictive, limiting or have so much pressure attached. I’ve got enough pressure in my life, thank you very much!
This year for me it’s, FLOW. Ahhhhhh, I even relax just saying it. I don’t mean roll over and take all the crap that rolls your way this year. No. It’s not about inaction. This is coming from a place of intentional action. I interpret FLOW as a willingness to not judge the present and just go with it, pivot, embrace, fight, dance with it, ect. Because, after all…
“What you resist, persists.”
I wrote on my Instagram feed:
My theme for 2017!
As in EASE.
Be in the moment.
Delight in synchronicity.
Go with the flow.
Yes please! All of it and a side of 🍟!
Being in the flow probably feels a bit foreign for a “go-getter”, for a professional woman climbing the corporate ladder or a mom who’s just trying to figure out why her baby is crying so much!
This state of being is not an American value. Could it be perceived as lazy, bad mom, not career-oriented? So don’t feel bad if FLOW feels weird. We were not raised like this, this behavior is not rewarded in sports, taught in school or promoted at work.
But I argue that it’s the strongest place that a working mother can operate from!
- Flow cuts out worry, anxiety, not-enoughness, or keeping-up-with-the-Jones syndrome.
- Flow frees you to accept and then in turn, like the situation you are in.
- Flow expands possibilities
- Flow says “I’m okay”, “I’m a good mom right now”, and “I’m enough.”
- Flow strengthens resilience
- Flow doesn’t judge
- Flow helps conserve your energy
- Flow frees you up to experience life
How do you stay in the flow?
- Keep faith that everything will all work out. Trust that life is working FOR YOU not against you.
- Have awareness of yourself in each moment
- Don’t judge yourself or your circumstances
- Allow and don’t label it as good or bad
- Ground and center yourself so you have a clear head
- Protect your energy and keep going!
I’ll keep my #flow2017 vibe alive on Instagram and I hope inspire you to to keep your intentions going all year long too.
Leave a comment below about how the word FLOW feels for you?